Books & Historical Papers in the Study Center
[1 to 100] [101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]
Because of the all but irreplacable nature of these books and papers,
they are not available for loan. However, copying is available by the Study
Center at twenty five cents per page. All requests should be made to:
Pitcairn Islands Study Center
Pacific Union College
1 Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Select book title to view PUC Library Call #
- Chamber's miscellany of instructive & entertaining tracts. London and Edinburgh, W. & R. Chambers [18--]
- Small island / by Dea Birkett. Birkett, Dea. London, Museums Association [etc.]; 2005.
- Ballou's monthly magazine. v.53 Boston, Thomes & Talbot [etc.]
- Scribners monthly. v.22 [New York : Scribner & Co., 1871-1881]
- The mutineers of the Bounty : the Pitcairn Islanders from 1859-80, by a native / by Rosalind A. Young. Young, Rosalind A. "[New York :
- Horizon : a magazine of the arts. September, 1963. Volume 5, number 7. New York : American Horizon, 1963.
- The Bounty's last relics : divers at Pitcairn Island find mutiny ship's anchor. Chicago, IL : Time Inc., 1958.
- Bravado and beauty : a bounty of extravagant film epics. Chicago, IL : Time Inc., 1962.
- Littell's Living age / conducted by E. Littell. 3rd ser. v.9 Boston, Mass : Littell, Son and Co., 1844-1896.
- The Pitcairn Islanders London : Printed and published at the Office, 1879.
- The Leisure hour. 1867 London : [s.n., 1852-1905] (London : Stevens and Co.).
- The missions of Polynesia. London : John Murray, 1809-
- Pacific Islands year book and who's who. 1963 1968 Sydney, Australia : Pacific Publications, 1963-1968.
- Ghosts of Norfolk Island / by Gil & Maev Hitch. Hitch, Gil. [Norfolk Island] : G. & M. Hitch, c1988.
- Legends and superstitions of the sea and of sailors in all lands and at all times / by Fletcher S. Bassett. Bassett, Fletcher S. Chicago : Belford, Clarke, 1885.
- Islands and the modernists : the allure of isolation in art, literature, and science / Jill Franks. Franks, Jill, 1957- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2006.
- Vision and reality in Pacific religion / edited by Phyllis Herda, Michael Reilly & David Hilliard. Canberra, A.C.T. : Pandanus Abingdon : Marston [distributor], 2005.
- Beyond Pitcairn / by Vance Ferrell. Ferrell, Vance. Altamont, Tenn. : Pilgrims' Books, c1984 (1986 printing)
- Beyond Pitcairn. Altamont, Tenn. : Harvestime Books, 1988.
- Crucible of the millennium: the burned-over district of New York in the 1840s/ by Michael Barkun. Barkun, Michael. Syracuse, N.Y. : Syracuse University Press, 1986.
- Island churches : challenge and change / Makisi Finau, Teeruro Ieuti, Jione Langi edited by Charles W. Forman. [Suva, Fiji] : Institute of Pacific Studies of the University of the South Pacific, 1992.
- God's good news / David Marshall. Marshall, David, 1946- Grantham : Stanborough Press, c2000.
- The Lord's day on a round world : a discussion of Sabbath observance as it is related to natural time measurement, the length of the days of Creation, the beginning and ending of the natural day, the International Date Line, and the Far North wher. Odom, Robert Leo, 1901- Nashville, Tenn. : Southern Publishing Association, c1946.
- The Lord's day on a round world. Odom, Robert Leo, 1901- Nashville, Southern Pub. Association .
- An open path : Christian missionaries, 1515-1914 / Jack Beeching. Beeching, Jack. Santa Barbara, Calif. : Ross-Erikson Publishers, c1982.
- Maritime discovery and Christian missions, considered in their mutual relations. By John Campbell ... illustrated with engravings by G. Baxter. Campbell, John, 1794-1867. London, J. Snow, 1840.
- Last train out / by Wellesley Muir. Muir, Wellesley, 1926- Roseville, CA : Amazing Facts Inc., c2005.
- The island churches of the South Pacific : emergence in the twentieth century / Charles W. Forman. Forman, Charles W. Maryknoll, NY : Orbis Books, c1982.
- Company of heaven: early missionaries in the South Seas. Kent, Graeme. [Wellington] A. H. & A. W. Reed 
- Christus redemptor an outline study of the island world of the Pacific, by Helen Barrett Montgomery. Montgomery, Helen Barrett, 1861-1934. New York, The Macmillan company London, Macmillan & company, ltd., 1906.
- History of the Melanesian mission / by E.S. Armstrong. Armstrong, E. S. New York : Dutton, 1900.
- St. Barnabas and the Melanesian Mission, Norfolk Island / Raymond Nobbs. Nobbs, Raymond. [North Ryde, N.S.W.] : Macquarie University Australian History Resources Centre, for The Friends of St. Barnabas Chapel, Norfolk Island, 1990.
- The experiences of a Pitcairn Islander. Young, W. A. Healdsburg, Calif., College Press, 1896.
- John Tay, messenger to Pitcairn / by Sadie Owen Engen [cover and inside illustrations by Robert Hunt]. Engen, Sadie Owen. Mountain View, Calif. : Pacific Press Pub. Association, c1981.
- The man with the bird on his head / by John Rush & Abbe Anderson. Rush, A. John. [S.l. : s.n.] [1996?]
- The man with the bird on his head : the amazing fulfillment of a mysterious island prophecy / John Rush & Abbe Anderson. Rush, A. John. Seattle, WA : YWAM Publishing, c1997.
- Gathering jewels, or, Life and labors of Mr. and Mrs. A.H. Phelps in New Zealand, Norfolk island and their native land / by Mrs. A.H. Phelps. Phelps, Albert H., Mrs. Meriden, Conn. : Journal Pub. Co., 1896.
- A history of the S.P.C.K. With an epilogue by F.N. Davey. Clarke, W. K. Lowther (William Kemp Lowther), b. 1879. London, S.P.C.K., 1959.
- Henry Elliott, Norfolk Island's mystery man / by K. Wallace-Crabbe. Wallace-Crabbe, Kenneth, 1900- Warrandyte, [Eng.] : Cotswold Press, 1979.
- George Hunn Nobbs, 1799-1884 : chaplain on Pitcairn and Norfolk Island / Raymond Nobbs. Nobbs, Raymond. Norfolk Island : Pitcairn Descendants Society, 1984.
- History of the Church of England in Tasmania / by W.R. Barrett. Barrett, William Rothwell. Hobart : Mercury Press, 1942.
- Pioneer stories of the Second Advent message / by Arthur Whitefield Spalding. Spalding, Arthur Whitefield, 1877-1953. Nashville : Southern Publishing Association, c1942.
- Trophies from Cannibal Isles. Stewart, Andrew G., b. 1881. Washington, Review and Herald Pub. Association 
- Tini : trailblazer in the wake of the Pitcairn / Abbie Le'ala Lam Yuen Watt. Watt, Abbie Le'ala Lam Yuen. Brushton, N.Y. : TEACH Services, c2000.
- Seventh-day Adventists in the South Pacific, 1885-1985 Australia, New Zealand, South Sea Islands / edited by Noel Clapham. Warburton, Australia : Signs Publishing Co., [1985?]
- Unfinished : the Seventh-day Adventist mision in the South Pacific, excluding Papua New Guinea, 1886-1986 / by Dennis Steley. Steley, Dennis. 1990
- Project centenary : historical reflections on Norfolk Island's Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1895-1995 / by Barbara V. Shelley. Shelley, Barbara V. Norfolk Island : [The author], 1995.
- An Irish boy and God : the biography of Robert Hare, Irish immigrant, pioneer preacher, and poet / Eric B. Hare. Hare, Eric B. Washington : Review and Herald Pub. Association, c1965.
- Island of tears : the story of John Tay / Herbert Ford. Ford, Herbert. Boise, Idaho : Pacific Press Pub. Association, c1990.
- The Friend. v.5 Philadelphia, The Friend.
- The settlement of marginal Polynesia : new evidence from Henderson Island / by Marshall I. Weisler. Weisler, Marshall I.
- Shipwreck archaeology in Australia / edited by Michael Nash. Crawley, W.A. : University of Western Australia Press, 2007.
- Manuscripts in the British Isles relating to Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific. Editor: Phyllis Mander-Jones. Mander-Jones, Phyllis, 1896- Canberra, Australian National University Press, 1972.
- Pitcairn coin issues : a definitive listing, with illustrations, of all coins issued to 2/1/2009 by the Pitcairn Islands Government compiled by Ron Edwards. Edwards, Ron. S.l. : s.n. 2009.
- NZS Co. passenger list. [S.l. : New Zealand Shipping Company, 1953]
- The Driver family: a genealogical memoir of the descendants of Robert and Phebe Driver, of Lynn, Mass. With an appendix, containing twenty-three allied families. 1592-1887. Compiled by a descendant, Harriet Ruth (Waters) Cooke. Cooke, Harriet Ruth Waters, 1841- New York, Printed for the author by J. Wilson and Son, 1889.
- From mission to majesty : a genealogy & history of early California and royal European ancestors / Barbara Juarez Wilson. Wilson, Barbara Juarez, 1929- Baltimore, MD : Gateway Press, 1983.
- The yesterdays behind the door, by Mrs. Hicks Beach. Hicks Beach, William, Mrs. [Dallas, Christine Carthew-Yorstoun, 1973]
- Colonial era cemetery of Norfolk Island / [by] R. Nixon Dalkin. Dalkin, Robert Nixon. Coorparoo, Qld., Australia : Robert Brown & Associates, 1995.
- The Pitcairn island register book, edited with an introduction by Sir Charles Lucas ... together with map, index and appendices. Pitcairn Island. London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge New York and Toronto, The Macmillan co., 1929.
- Peter Parley's universal history on the basis of geography. Goodrich, Samuel G. (Samuel Griswold), 1793-1860. New York, Cincinnati, Chicago, American book Co., [c1886]
- The red true story book : edited by Andrew Lang with numerous illustrations by Henry J. Ford. London New York : Longmans, Green, and Co., 1926.
- Links in my life on land and sea / by J.W. Gambier. Gambier, J. W. (James William), b. 1841. New York : Dutton, 1906.
- The British Pacific islands, by Sir Harry Luke. Luke, Harry, Sir, 1884-1969. London, Oxford University Press, H. Milford, 1943.
- The Pacific war, 1941-1945, and Norfolk Island / G. Hitch. Hitch, Gilbert. Norfolk Island, South Pacific : Gilbert Hitch, 1992.
- The Pacific War 1941-1945 and Norfolk Island /G. Hitch. Hitch, G. (Gilbert) Norfolk Island : G. Hitch, c1992.
- Greater Britain: a record of travel in English-speaking countries during 1866 and 1867. By Charles Wentworth Dilke. Dilke, Charles Wentworth, Sir, 1843-1911. New York, Harper & Bros., 1869.
- The Oxford survey of the British Empire ... edited by A.J. Herbertson ... and O.J.R. Howarth ... Herbertson, A. J. (Andrew John), 1865-1915. v.5 Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1914.
- The sun never sets : travels to the remaining outposts of the British Empire / Simon Winchester. Winchester, Simon. New York : Prentice Hall Press, c1985.
- Correspondence and papers relating to emigration, Pitcairn's Island and other affairs in Australia, 1857. Shannon : Irish University Press, 1969.
- The British Commonwealth since 1815. Currey, C. H. (Charles Herbert), 1890-1970. v.2 Sydney, Angus and Robertson [1950-51]
- Historical dictionary of the British empire / James S. Olson and Robert Shadle, editors associate editors, Patricia Ashman ... [et al.]. v.1, v.2 Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1996.
- In the wake of Cook : exploration, science, & empire, 1780-1801 / David Mackay. Mackay, David, 1944- New York : St. Martin's Press, 1985.
- Politics in Pitcairn, and other essays. Hancock, W. K. (William Keith), 1898- London, Macmillan, 1947.
- Famous ships of the British navy : stories of enterprise and daring of British seamen, with an appendix on iron-clad ships, a chronological table of British engagements at sea, a glossary, etc / by W.H. Davenport Adams. Adams, William Henry Davenport. London : Cornmarket, 1970.
- Sailors ??rebellion a century of naval mutinies, by J.G. Bullocke. Bullocke, J. G. (John Greville), b. 1898. London, Eyre & Spottiswoode, 1938.
- Royal naval biography or, Memoirs of the services of all the flag-officers, superannuated rear-admirals, retired-captains, post-captains, and commanders, whose names appeared on the Admiralty list of sea officers at the commencement of the present year, or who have since been promoted illustrated by a series of historical and explanatory notes ... With copious addenda. By John Marshall ... Supplement ... Marshall, John, 1784?-1837. pt.1 London, Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827-30.
- That Bounty Bastard : the true story of Captain William Bligh / Kenneth S. Allen. Allen, Kenneth S. London : R. Hale, 1976.
- William Bligh. Bach, John Percival Spence. Melbourne, Oxford University Press 
- William Bligh and the Bounty mutineers: the property of Angela and Stephen Walters. Bonhams (Firm) London Bonhams Knightsbridge, 1996.
- Beloved, respected and lamented, a story of the mutiny of the Bounty, by J. E. Chandler. Chandler, Jess Eric. Marlborough, J. E. Chandler, (London Rd.), 1973.
- Captain Bligh in Wapping / Madge Darby. Darby, Madge, 1927- Wapping : History of Wapping Trust, 1990.
- Captain William Bligh R.N. / written by Hugh Edwards Illustrated by Arthur McNeil. Edwards, Hugh, 1933- Sydney : Hamlyn, 1972.
- Guide to the papers of William Bligh and the Bligh family : in the Mitchell and Dixson Libraries, State Library of New South Wales / arranged and described by Warwick Hirst. Sydney : State Library of New South Wales, 2001.
- Bligh's other mutiny / Arthur Hawkey. Hawkey, Arthur. London : Purnell Book Services, c1975.
- Captain William Bligh, and the mutiny on the Bounty : chiefly from the Robert and Mary Anne Parks collection / Hordern House Rare Books. Hordern House (Firm) Potts Point, N.S.W. : Hordern House Rare Books, 2009.
- Captain Bligh & Mr. Christian the men and the mutiny [by] Richard Hough. Hough, Richard Alexander, 1922- New York, E. P. Dutton, 1973 [c1972]
- "Captain Bligh and Mr. Christian. Italian;""La tragedia del bounty : la vera storia del piu famoso ammutinamento sui mari / by Richard Hough traduzione dall'inglese di Piero Bernotti.""" Hough, Richard Alexander, 1922- Milano : Mursia, 1979.
- Captain Bligh and Mr Christian : the men and mutiny / Richard Hough. Hough, Richard Alexander, 1922- London : Cresset Library, 1988.
- Captain Bligh / Richard Humble. Humble, Richard. London : A. Barker, c1976.
- The journal of Bounty's launch / by William Bligh, Lt. Royal Navy annotated and illustrated by A. Richard Mansir. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Montrose, Calif. Los Angeles, Calif. : Kittiwake Publications, 1989.
- Bligh / Gavin Kennedy. Kennedy, Gavin. London : Duckworth, 1978.
- Captain Bligh : the man and his mutinies / Gavin Kennedy. Kennedy, Gavin. London : Duckworth, 1989.
- The life of Vice-Admiral William Bligh, R. N., F. R. S., by George Mackaness... illustrated with contemporary charts and engravings. Mackaness, George, 1882- New York, Toronto, Farrar & Rinehart, inc. 
- The life of Vice-Admiral William Bligh, R.N., F.R.S. Mackaness, George, 1882- Sydney, Angus and Robertson 
- William Bligh of the Bounty in fact and in fable, by H.S. Montgomerie. Montgomerie, Hastings Seton. London, Williams and Norgate, ltd. 
- Bligh : master mariner / Rob Mundle. Mundle, Rob. Sydney : Hachette Australia, 2010.
- Man against mutiny the story of Vice-Admiral Bligh [by] Joyce Nicholson. Nicholson, Joyce. London, Lutterworth [c1961]
- Bligh of the 'Bounty'. Rawson, Geoffrey. New York, G. R. Gorman, ltd. [n.d.]
- Bligh : William Bligh in the South Seas / Anne Salmond. Salmond, Anne. Berkeley : Univ of California Press, 2011.
[1 to 100] [101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]