Books & Historical Papers in the Study Center
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]
Because of the all but irreplacable nature of these books and papers,
they are not available for loan. However, copying is available by the Study
Center at twenty five cents per page. All requests should be made to:
Pitcairn Islands Study Center
Pacific Union College
1 Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Select book title to view PUC Library Call #
- The fortunate adversities of William Bligh / Roy E. Schreiber. Schreiber, Roy E. New York : P. Lang, c1991.
- Captain Bligh's second chance : an eyewitness account of his return to the South Seas / by George Tobin edited by Roy Schreiber. Tobin, George. London : Chatham, 2007.
- Captain Bligh's portable nightmare / John Toohey. Toohey, John. Sydney : Duffy & Snellgrove, 1998.
- Captain William Bligh, by Philip Weate & Caroline Graham. Weate, Philip. Sydney, Hamlyn, 1972.
- The Morrison myth ... a pendant to William Bligh of the Bounty in fact and in fable . Montgomerie, Hastings Seton. [London] Privately printed [distributed by Williams & Norgate Ltd.] 1938.
- John Fryer of the Bounty notes on his career, written by his daughter, Mary Ann with an introduction and commentary by Owen Rutter and wood-engravings by Averil Mackenzie-Grieve. Gamble, Mary Ann Fryer, b. 1791. [London] Printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1939.
- Royal naval biography : of Peter Heywood, esq., one of the survivors of the mutiny on the Bounty / by John Marshall. Marshall, John, 1783-1841. New York : G.R. Gorman, [1935?]
- The great mutiny. Dugan, James, 1912-1967. New York, Putnam 
- Salt junk, naval reminiscences, 1881-1906, by Admiral B.M. Chambers, C.B., illustrated with sketches by the author. Chambers, Bertram Mordaunt, 1866- London, Constable & Co., 1927.
- Lines from my log-books, by Admiral the Right Honourable Sir John C. Dalrymple Hay. Hay, John Charles Dalrymple, Sir, 1821-1912. Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1898.
- Letters from the Isle of Man: the Bounty correspondence of Nessy and Peter Heywood. by Christiane Conway. Conway, Christiane. Onchan, Isle of Man The Manx Experience, 2005.
- The case of Peter Heywood and George Stewart, of the Bounty : a reply to Caroline Alexander / by Rolf E. DuRietz. DuRietz, Rolf E. Uppsala, Sweden : Dahlia Books 2010
- A memoir of the late Captain Peter Heywood, R.N. with extracts from his diaries and correspondence. By Edward Tagart. Tagart, Edward, 1804-1858. London, E. Wilson, 1832.
- Turbulent journey a life of William Bligh, vice-admiral of the Blue, by Owen Rutter. Rutter, Owen, 1889-1944. London, I. Nicholson and Watson, 1936.
- Famous men and women of Cornish birth / by I.D. Spreadbury. Spreadbury, I. D. Cornwall : Kingston, c1972.
- A guide to the interesting places in and around Cockermouth, with an account of its remarkable men and local traditions / by John Askew. Askew, John, 1820?-1866. Cockermouth, Printing House Trust, 2000.
- The great gamble. Pope, Dudley. New York, Simon and Schuster 
- Commodore Sir John Hayes. His voyage and life (1767-1831) with some account of Admiral d'Entrecasteaux's voyage of 1792-3, by Ida Lee (Mrs. Charles Bruce Marriott) ... With illustrations. Lee, Ida. London, New York, Longmans, Green, 1912.
- The narrative of Captain David Woodard and four seamen. Woodard, D. N. (David N.) London, Dawsons, 1969.
- Yankee ships in China seas adventures of pioneer Americans in the troubled Far East. Henderson, Daniel, 1880-1955. New York, Hastings House [c1946]
- China, Japan, and the islands of the Pacific. Tappan, Eva March, 1854-1930. Boston, Houghton Mifflin [c1914]
- 'Dusky damsels' : Pitcairn Island's neglected matriarchs of the Bounty saga / Robert Langdon. Langdon, Robert Adrian. [Melbourne, Oxford University Press], 2000.
- Health and health care in Pitcairn Island in 1841 : the report of Surgeon William Gunn of HMS Curacoa / by Stephen A. Royle. Royle, Stephen A. [Melbourne, Oxford University Press], 2000.
- The Pacific islands handbook. North American ed. 1944. New York, Macmillan, 1946[c1945]
- Cumulative index to the Pacific Islands monthly, volumes 16 to 25 (August, 1945 to July, 1955) / compiled by Margaret Woodhouse, Gaye Tryon edited by Robert Langdon. Woodhouse, Margaret. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1984.
- The Pacific islands year book. 1942 1981 Sydney, Australia : Pacific Publications, 1932-
- Stone implements of Pitcairn Island / by Kenneth P. Emory. Emory, Kenneth Pike, 1897- Wellington, New Zealand : Polynesian Society, 1928.
- South Pacific Commission an analysis after twenty-five years [by] T. R. Smith. Smith, T. R. (Thomas Richard) [Wellington] Price Milburn for the New Zealand Institute of International Affairs 
- South Pacific A to Z Australia, New Zealand, the tropic Isles of Fiji, New Caledonia, the Samoas, Tahiti, Tonga, and Hawaii [by] Robert S. Kane. Photos. by the author. Maps by Louise E. Jefferson. Kane, Robert S. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday 
- South Pacific. 2009x Footscray, Vic. : Lonely Planet Publications, 2009-
- South Pacific / David Stanley. Stanley, David, 1944- Emeryville, Calif. : Avalon Travel, 2004.
- South Pacific handbook / by David Stanley. Stanley, David. Chico, Calif. : Moon Publications, 1985, c1986.
- Stewart's hand book of the Pacific Islands : a reliable guide to all the inhabited islands of the Pacific Ocean, for traders, tourists and settlers : with a bibliography of island works / by Percy S. Allen. Sydney : McCarron, Stewart, printers and publishers, 1921.
- Complete annotated catalogue PMB manuscript series microfilms PMB 1-1030 / edited by Gillian Scott. Australian National University. Pacific Manuscripts Bureau. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1991.
- Complete annotated catalogue PMB printed document series microforms PMB Doc 1-400 / edited by Bess Flores. Australian National University. Pacific Manuscripts Bureau. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1991.
- The South Pacific : an introduction / Ron Crocombe. Crocombe, R. G. [Suva, Fiji] : Institute of Pacific Studies of the University of the South Pacific, c1989.
- Pacific history journal bibliography / compiled by Clive Moore. Moore, Clive. [Canberra] : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1992.
- Oceania, a country study / Foreign Area Studies, the American University coauthors John W. Henderson ... [et al.]. [Washington, D.C.] : Headquarters, Dept. of the Army : for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1981.
- The Pacific Islands / Douglas L. Oliver ill. by Sheila Mitchell Oliver foreword by Harry L. Shapiro. Oliver, Douglas L. Honolulu : University Press of Hawaii, , c1961.
- Australasia and South Pacific islands bibliography / John Thawley. Thawley, John, 1953- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 1997.
- The P.M.B. book of Pacific indexes / edited by Robert Langdon. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1988.
- The island world an anthology of the Pacific. Edited by Charles Barrett. Barrett, Charles, 1879-1959. Melbourne, Oxford university press, Leighton house London, H. Milford 
- The exploration of the Pacific, by J. C. Beaglehole. Beaglehole, J. C. (John Cawte) Stanford, Calif., Stanford University Press, 1966.
- The Hill collection of Pacific voyages : at the University of California, San Diego. University of California, San Diego. University Library. New Haven, Conn. : William Reese Co. Sydney, NSW : Hordern House, 2004.
- Lost paradise : the exploration of the Pacific / by Ian Cameron. Cameron, Ian, 1924- Topsfield, Mass. : Salem House, 1987.
- They peopled the Pacific, by A. Grove Day. Ilustrated by George Wilson. Day, A. Grove (Arthur Grove), 1904- New York, Meredith Press [1968, c1964]
- Beyond the capes Pacific exploration from Captain Cook to the Challenger, 1776-1877, by Ernest S. Dodge. Dodge, Ernest Stanley. Boston, Little, Brown 
- Exploration & exchange : a South Seas anthology, 1680-1900 / edited by Jonathan Lamb, Vanessa Smith, and Nicholas Thomas. Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2000.
- Ships and seafarers of the South Pacific, written and illustrated by Victor Hatcher. Hatcher, Victor, 1926- Sydney, London, Collins, 1969.
- Exploring the Pacific. Illus. by the Author and G. Randall. Hobley, L. F. London, Methuen 
- Pacific voyages. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday [1973, c1971]
- The story of the Pacific explorers of the earth's mightiest ocean. Rabling, Harold, b. 1890. New York, Norton 
- Pageant of the Pacific : being the maritime history of Australasia / by F. Rhodes with a foreword by Frederick Watson. Rhodes, F. (Frederick Cecil) v.1, v.2 Sydney, N.S.W. : F.J. Thwaites, [1937?]
- The Pacific Ocean, by Felix Riesenberg illustrated by Stephen J. Voorhies. Riesenberg, Felix, 1879-1939. New York, London, Whittlesey house, McGraw-Hill book company,inc. [c1940]
- Pacific passions : the European struggle for power in the great ocean in the age of exploration / Frank Sherry. Sherry, Frank, 1934- New York : W. Morrow, 1994.
- Best stories of the South Seas. Snow, Philip. London, Faber, 1967.
- The people from the horizon : an illustrated history of the Europeans among the South Sea Islanders / Philip Snow and Stefanie Waine. Snow, Philip. London : Mclaren, 1986.
- Dare to know : the art and science of Pacific voyages / State Library of New South Wales. State Library of New South Wales. [Sydney] : State Library of N.S.W., 1998.
- The spell of the Pacific an anthology of its literature, selected and ed. by Carl Stroven and A. Grove Day with an introd. by James A. Michener. Stroven, Carl, 1901- New York, Macmillan Co., 1949.
- Le voyage en Polyn??sie : anthologie des voyageurs occidentaux de Cook ?ÿ Segalen / Jean-Jo Scemla. Paris : R. Laffont, c1994.
- Divided by the Bounty / Alan Adams. Adams, Alan, 1946- Shoreham-by-Sea : Bounty, c2010.
- The Bounty : the true story of the mutiny on the Bounty / Caroline Alexander. Alexander, Caroline, 1956- New York : Viking, 2003.
- The Pacific navigators / by Oliver E. Allen and the editors of Time-Life Books. Allen, Oliver E. Alexandria, VA : Time-Life Books Morristown, N.J. : School and library distribution by Silver Burdett, c1980.
- The Bounty mutiny / William Bligh, Edward Christian with an introduction by R.D. Madison. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. New York : Penguin Books, c2001.
- In Bligh's hand : surviving the mutiny on the Bounty / Jennifer Gall. Gall, Jennifer, 1959- Canberra : National Library of Australia, c2010.
- Captain Bligh's second voyage to the South Seas, by Ida Lee (Mrs. Charles Bruce Marriott ...) Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London, New York [etc.], Longmans, Green, 1920.
- Mutiny on H.M.S. Bounty / by William Bligh retold by Jenny J. Hunter illustrated by Barry Davies. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Ashland, Ohio : Landoll, Inc., c1995.
- Mutiny on the H.M.S. Bounty / by William Bligh retold by Kenton K. Smith illustrated by Helle Urban. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Ashland, Ohio : Landoll, Inc., c1995.
- The Mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / by William Bligh adapted by Deborah Kestel illustrations by Brendan Lynch. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. New York, N.Y. : Baronet Books, c1992.
- The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty, 1789 / by William Bligh [illustrations by Roy Williams]. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Guildford, Surrey, England : Pageminster Press, privately printed for collector's of the Franklin Library, 
- Bligh's narrative of the mutiny on board H.M. ship Bounty ... : Minutes of the court martial ... Bligh's answer to certain assertions ... Edward Christian's short reply to Captain William Bligh's answer. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Melbourne : Published by Georgian House for the Australiana Society, 
- A book of the Bounty / William Bligh and others edited by George Mackaness new introduction by Gavin Kennedy. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London : J.M. Dent New York : Dutton, 1981.
- The Mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / adapted by John Norwood Fago illustrated by Rudy Florese a Vincent Fago production. Fago, John Norwood. Belmont, Calif. : Lake Education, c1994.
- The mutiny on H.M.S. Bounty : an illustrated bibliography / Donald A. Maxton. Maxton, Donald A., 1951- [S.l. : s.n., [2005?].
- The mutiny on H.M.S. Bounty : a guide to nonfiction, fiction, poetry, films, articles, and music / Donald A. Maxton foreword by Sven Wahlroos. Maxton, Donald A., 1951- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2008.
- Morrison of the Bounty : a Scotsman, famous but unknown / James Shaw Grant. Grant, James Shaw. Stornoway, Isle of Lewis : Acair, 1997.
- The mutiny on the Bounty / Patrick O'Brien. O'Brien, Patrick, 1960- New York : Walker & Co. : Distributed to the trade by Holtzbrinck Publishers, 2006.
- Return of the Bounty : flagship of the fleet. Mona Vale, NSW : Australian Hi-Fi Publications, 1988.
- Pioneers of the Pacific : voyages of exploration, 1787/1810 / Nigel Rigby, Pieter van der Merwe, and Glyn Williams. Rigby, Nigel. Fairbanks : University of Alaska Press, c2005.
- Pacific voyages selections from Scots magazine, 1771-1808. Compiled and annotated by James Stirrat Marshall and Carrie Marshall. Portland, Or., Binfords & Mort, 1960.
- Ancient voyagers in the Pacific. Sharp, Andrew, 1906-1974. [Harmondsworth, Eng.] Penguin Books 
- The discovery of the Pacific Islands / by Andrew Sharp. Sharp, Andrew, 1906-1974. Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1985, c1960.
- Voyages of discovery : Captain Cook and the exploration of the Pacific / Lynne Withey. Withey, Lynne. Berkeley : University of California Press, c1987.
- The islands of the Pacific from the old to the new. Alexander, James M. N. Y., American Tract Society [c.1908]
- The Bounty atlas / by Maria Ashikhmina. Ashikhmina, Maria. S.l. : s.n., 2008.
- An answer to certain assertions contained in the Appendix to a pamphlet, entitled Minutes of the proceedings on the court-martial held at Portsmouth, August 12th, 1792, on ten persons charged with mutiny on board his Majesty's ship the Bounty. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London, G. Nicol, 1794.
- The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / William Bligh [introd. by N.R. Teitel]. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Oakland, Calif. : Alpha Books, 1975.
- The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / William Bligh. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. West Haven, Connecticut : Academic Industries, 1984.
- Child of bounty : the re-enactment of Bligh's open boat voyage from Tonga to Timor / by Capt. R. W. Bligh-Ware. Bligh-Ware, R. W. Australia: Avalon Beach, NSW : Leisure Magazines Pty. Ltd. (dist.) 1985.
- Bligh's voyage in the Resource, from Coupang to Batavia, together with the log of his subsequent passage to England in the Dutch packet Vlydt and his remarks on Morrisons's journal. All printed for the first time from the manuscripts in the Mitch. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. [London] The Golden cockerel press, 1937.
- A narrative of the mutiny, on board His Majesty's ship Bounty and the subsequent voyage of part of the crew, in the ship's boat, from Tofoa, one of the Friendly Islands, to Timor, a Dutch settlement in the East Indies. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London, Printed for G. Nichol, bookseller to His Majesty, 1790.
- The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / William Bligh [introd. by N. R. Teitel]. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. New York : Airmont Publishing Co., c1965.
- Relation de l'enlevement du navire le Bounty, appartenant au roi d'Angleterre, & command?? par le lieutenant Guillaume Bligh avec le voyage subs??quent de cet officier & d'une partie de son ??quipage dans sa chaloupe ... dans la Mer du Sud, jusqu. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Paris, Firmin Didot Amsterdam, Gabriel Dufour, 1790.
- The mutiny on board HMS bounty / by William Bligh adapted by Deborah Kestel illustrations by Brendan Lynch. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. New York, N.Y. : Baronet Books, c1996.
- An account of the mutiny on HMS Bounty / William Bligh edited by Robert Bowman. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Gloucester, [Eng] : Alan Sutton Atlantic Highlands, N.J. : Humanities Press, 1981.
- A voyage to the South sea, undertaken by command of His Majesty, for the purpose of conveying the bread-fruit tree to the West Indies, in His Majesty's ship the Bounty, commanded by Lieutenant William Bligh. Including an account of the mutiny on. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. [main] Ch.13 London, Printed for G. Nicol, 1792.
- A voyage to the South Sea : undertaken by command of His Majesty, for the purpose of conveying the bread-fruit tree to the West Indies in His Majesty's ship the Bounty commanded by Lieutenant William Bligh and an account of the mutiny on board H. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. New York : New American Library, c1961.
- The mutiny on board H.M.S. Bounty / by William Bligh adapted by Deborah Kestel illustrations by Brendan Lynch. Kestel, Deborah. New York, N.Y. : Playmore, Inc., Publishers under arrangement with I. Waldman & Son, Inc., c1979.
- The Bligh notebook : rough account - Lieutenant Wm Bligh's voyage in the Bounty's Launch from the ship to Tofua & from thence to Timor' 28 April to 14 June 1789, with a draft list of the Bounty mutineers transcription and facsimile edited by Joh. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Sydney : Allen & Unwin [Canberra] : National Library of Australia, 1987.
- Bligh and the Bounty his narrative of the voyage to Otaheite with an account of the mutiny and of his boat journey to Timor. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. [New York, E.P. Dutton & co., inc., c1936]
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]