Books & Historical Papers in the Study Center
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]
Because of the all but irreplacable nature of these books and papers,
they are not available for loan. However, copying is available by the Study
Center at twenty five cents per page. All requests should be made to:
Pitcairn Islands Study Center
Pacific Union College
1 Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Select book title to view PUC Library Call #
- Bligh of the Bounty, being the narrative of the mutiny of the Bounty, and the voyage in the open boat edited by E.A. Hughes, M.A. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London, J.M. Dent & Sons ltd. 
- A voyage to the South Sea : undertaken by command of His Majesty, for the purpose of conveying the bread-fruit tree to the West Indies, in His Majesty's ship the Bounty commanded by Lieutenant William Bligh. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. London : George Nicol, 1792.
- The voyage of the Bounty's launch as related in William Bligh's despatch to the Admiralty and the journal of John Fryer with an introduction by Owen Rutter and wood-engravings by Robert Gibbings. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. [London] The Golden cockerel press, 1934.
- Mutiny !! : aboard H.M. armed transport 'Bounty' in 1789 / by R.M. Bowker and by Lt. William Bligh, R.N., in his official log. Bowker, R. M. Old Bosham, Sussex, England : Bowker and Bertram, 1978.
- Suwarrow gold and other stories of the great South sea, by James Cowan. Cowan, James, 1870-1943. London, J. Cape 
- "Narrative and successful result of a voyage in the South seas;""Narrative of La P??rouse's expedition.""" Dillon, Peter, 1785-1847. v.1 v.2 Amsterdam, N. Israel New York, Da Capo Press 
- L??xtraordinaire aventure des mutins du Bounty. [Documents originaux traduits et pr??sent??s par Marcel Thomas]. Paris, F. Beauval, 1969.
- The isles of the Pacific, or, Sketches from the South Seas / by B. Francis. Francis, B. London New York : Cassell, Petter, Galpin, 1882.
- H.M.S. Bounty : a selection of texts edited and annotated / by J & G Heinemann. [Denmark?] : Pantheon, 1995.
- Notes of a cruise in H.M.S. Fawn : in the western Pacific in the year 1862 / by T.H. Hood. Hood, T. H. (Thomas H.) Edinburgh : Edmonston & Douglas, 1863.
- The truth about the mutiny on the Bounty, / by Alexander McKee. McKee, Alexander, 1918-1992. London, Mayflower Books, 1961.
- HMS Bounty : a true account of the notorious mutiny / by Alexander McKee. McKee, Alexander, 1918-1992. London : Souvenir Press, 1989.
- Rascals in paradise, by James A. Michener and A. Grove Day. Michener, James A. (James Albert), 1907-1997 New York, Random House 
- Rascals in paradise / by James A. Michener and A. Grove Day. Michener, James A. (James Albert), 1907-1997 New York : Random House, c1957.
- Voyages aux ??les du Grand oc??an, contenant des documens nouveaux sur la g??ographie physique et politique, la langue, la litt??rature, la religion, les m¸?urs, les usages et les coutumes de leurs habitans et des consid??rations g??n??rales sur l. Moerenhout, J. A. (Jacques Antoine), 1796-1879. Paris, A. Maisonneuve 
- "Voyages aux ??les du Grand oc??an. English;""Travels to the islands of the Pacific Ocean / J.A. Moerenhout translated by Arthur R. Borden.""" Moerenhout, J. A. (Jacques Antoine), 1796-1879. Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, 1993.
- "Journal of James Morrison;""After the Bounty : a sailor's account of the mutiny and life in the South Seas / James Morrison edited and annotated by Donald A. Maxton.""" Morrison, James, 1763 or 4-1807. Washington, D.C. : Potomac Books, c2010.
- Mutiny on the Bounty, 1789-1989 : an international exhibition to mark the 200th anniversary, 28 April 1989-1 Oct. 1989. London : Published by Manorial Research PLC in association with the National Maritime Museum, c1989.
- The Mutiny of the Bounty with history of the survivors on Pitcairn Island and elsewhere, by the Captain. Hobart, J. Walch [1936?]
- With Bligh of the Bounty or, From Tofoa to Timur. Nackington, M. London, Sheldon Press 
- A midshipman's journal, on board H.M.S. Seringapatam, during the year, 1830, containing observations of the Tonga Islands and other islands in the South Sea / J. Orlebar. Orlebar, J., 1810-1891. San Diego, Calif. : Tofua Press, 1976.
- Atlas of the Pitcairn Islands and the voyage of HMAV Bounty / by Stephen Pendleton. Pendleton, Stephen. Visalia, CA : [S. Pendleton, 2006]
- L'affaire du Bounty : documents originaux / traduits et pr??sent??s par Marcel Thomas. Thomas, Marcel, 1917- [Paris] : Le Club du meilleur livre, 1958.
- The voyage of the Bounty launch / John Fryer's narrrative with an introduction by Stephen Walters. Fryer, John, 1752 or 3-1817. Guildford [Eng.] : Genesis, 1979.
- A voyage through the islands of the Pacific Ocean / compiled from the most authentic and recent authorities revised by the editors. New York : T. Mason and G. Lane, for the Sunday School Union, 
- American activities in the central Pacific, 1790-1870 a history, geography, and ethnography pertaining to American involvement and Americans in the Pacific taken from contemporary newspapers etc. Edited by R. Gerard Ward. Introd. by Ernest S. Do. Ward, R. Gerard. v.1 v.2 v.3 v.4 v.5 v.6 v.7 v.8 Ridgewood, N.J., Gregg Press [c1966-
- Geography of the Pacific, by E.H. Bryan, jr. Bryan, E. H. (Edwin Horace), 1898-1985. Honolulu, Tongg Pub. Co. [c1944]
- Forty years on the Pacific : the lure of the great ocean, a book of reference for the traveler and pleasure for the stay-at-home / comp. by Frank Coffee. Coffee, Frank. New York : Oceanic Pub. Co. San Francisco : A. M. Robertson, c1925.
- Southwest Pacific a geography of Australia, New Zealand, and their Pacific island neighbourhoods [by] Kenneth B. Cumberland. Cumberland, Kenneth Brailey. [Christchurch] Whitcombe and Tombs 
- Islands of the Pacific / by Hawthorne Daniel. Daniel, Hawthorne, 1890- New York : Putnam, c1943.
- The leaning wind, by Clifford Gessler. Gessler, Clifford, b. 1893. New York, London, D. Appleton-Century company, incorporated, 1943.
- Great Australasian mysteries, by Michael Glenne. With 18 illustrations. Glenne, Michael. London, S. Paul & Co. 
- Six mois ?˙ travers l'Oc??anie : souvenirs d'un officier de la corvette l'Ariane / [Contre-Amiral J. Halligon]. Halligan, J. rear-admiral. Brest : Soc. An. d'Imprimerie L'Oc??an , 1888.
- Adventures in paradise Tahiti and beyond. Illustrated with maps and photos, by the author. Price, Willard, 1887-1983. New York, Day 
- Green islands in glittering seas. Puxley, W. Lavallin. New York, Dodd, Mead & Co., 1925.
- Picture map geography of the Pacific islands, by Vernon Quinn, with maps and drawings by Frank Beaudouin... Quinn, Vernon, 1881-1962. Philadelphia and New York, J.B. Lippincott company 
- By reef and shoal, being an account of a voyage amongst the islands in the southwestern Pacific, by William Sinker. Published under the direction of the Tract committee for the Melanesian Mission. Sinker, William. London [etc.] Society for promoting Christian knowledge New York, E.S. Gorham, 1911.
- The chequered cruise a true and intimate record of strenuous travel, by Ralph Stock, with forty-four illustrations from photographs by the author. Stock, Ralph, b. 1882. London, G. Richards ltd., 1916.
- Tours to the South Sea Islands. Wellington, N.Z. : Burns, Philp & Co., 
- Island reminiscences. A graphic, detailed romance of a life spent in the South sea islands. Trood, Thomas. Sydney, N.S.W., McCarron, Stewart & Co., 1912.
- South Sea islands. Borden, Charles A. Philadelphia, Macrae Smith Co. 
- South Sea islands by Charles A. Borden. Borden, Charles A. London, R. Hale [1963, c1961]
- Navigator in the South seas. Written and illustrated by Brett Hilder. Hilder, Brett. London, P. Marshall [c1961]
- Exile into adventure. With illus. by Alan V. Insole. Insole, Elizabeth Dawson. London, C. Johnson 
- From a South Seas diary, 1938-1942 / Sir Harry Luke. Luke, Harry, Sir, 1884-1969. London : Nicholson & Watson, 1945.
- Inseln der S?¬dsee : 7 Reisen ins Paradies / Hans-Otto Meissner. Meissner, Hans Otto. M?¬nchen : Bertelsmann, 1979.
- Pacific odyssey / Gwenda Cornell. Cornell, Gwenda. London : Adlard Coles, 1985.
- Mahina Tiare : Pacific passages / Barbara Marrett, John Neal. Marrett, Barbara. Friday Harbor, Wash. : Pacific International Pub., c1993.
- The Pacific, ocean of islands. Barrett, Charles, 1879-1959. Melbourne, N. H. Seward, [1950?]
- Gone native in Polynesia : captivity narratives and experiences from the South Pacific / I.C. Campbell. Campbell, I. C. (Ian Christopher), 1947- Westport, Conn : Greenwood Press, 1998.
- Cultural etiquette in the Pacific Islands / [coordinating editors, Rhonda Griffiths, Mark Smaalders and Rika Hotere]. Noum??a, New Caledonia : Produced by the Secretariat of the Pacific Community, 2005.
- Strange patterns in the South Seas. With illus. by the author. Tressol, James. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1961.
- Best South Sea stories. Selected and edited by A. Grove Day and Carl Stroven. Day, A. Grove (Arthur Grove), 1904- Honolulu, Mutual Publishing of Honolulu 
- Strange stories from the south seas. Ramsden, Eric. Wellington [New Zealand] A. H. and A. W. Reed, 1944.
- The Cambridge history of the Pacific Islanders / edited by Donald Denoon with Stewart Firth ... [et al.]. Cambridge, U.K. New York, N.Y., USA : Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- The Changing Pacific : essays in honour of H. E. Maude / edited by Niel Gunson. Melbourne New York : Oxford University Press, 1978.
- Pacific Islands portraits. Editors: J. W. Davidson & Deryck Scarr. Davidson, J. W. (James Wightman), 1915-1973. Canberra, Australian National University Press, 1970.
- Adventurers of the Pacific, by A. Grove Day. Foreword by James A. Michener. Day, A. Grove (Arthur Grove), 1904- New York, Meredith Press 
- Rogues of the South Seas / by A. Grove Day foreword by James A. Michener. Day, A. Grove (Arthur Grove), 1904- Honolulu, Hawaii : Mutual Pub., 1986.
- Where the waves fall : a new South Sea Islands history from first settlement to colonial rule / K.R. Howe. Howe, K. R. Honolulu : University of Hawaii Press, c1984.
- Islands of the South Pacific. Luke, Harry, Sir, 1884-1969. London, Harrap 
- Of islands and men studies in Pacific history [by] H.E. Maude. Maude, H. E. (Henry Evans), 1906- Melbourne, New York [etc.] Oxford University Press, 1968.
- PIM's Pacific stories from the South Seas, selected and edited by Judy Tudor. [Sydney] Pacific Publications 
- Paradise found and lost / O.H.K. Spate. Spate, O. H. K. (Oskar Hermann Khristian), 1911- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c1988.
- Pacific Islands [by J.W. Davidson and others. Great Britain. Naval Intelligence Division. v.2 London] 1943-45 [v. 1, 1945]
- Introducing the British Pacific islands. [Prepared by the Colonial Office and the Central Office of Information] Great Britain. Colonial Office. London, H.M. Stationery Office, 
- Britain and the South seas, by Sir Harry Luke. Luke, Harry, Sir, 1884-1969. London, New York, Longmans, Green 
- Britain in the Pacific Islands. Morrell, W. P. (William Parker), 1899- Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1960.
- Fragments of empire a history of the Western Pacific High Commission, 1877-1914. Scarr, Deryck. Canberra, Australian National University Press 
- Atolls of the sun, by Frederick O'Brien ... with many illustrations from paintings, drawings and photographs. O'Brien, Frederick. New York, The Century Co., 1922.
- Settlement of the Pitcairn Islanders on Norfolk Island / by F. M. Bladen. Bladen, F. M.
- Papers and proceedings / Tasmanian Historical Research Association. Tasmanian Historical Research Association. v.12 no.2 Sandy Bay, Tas. : The Association, 1951-
- An Illustrated treasury of Australian epic journeys / selected by Anthony Barker. South Melbourne : Macmillan Australia, 1990.
- Contributions to a bibliography of Australia and the South Sea islands. Robert, Willem Carel Hendrik. v.1 v.2 v.3 v.4 Amsterdam, Philo Press, 1964-
- Matthew Flinders : personal letters from an extraordinary life / edited by Paul Brunton. Flinders, Matthew, 1774-1814. Sydney : Hordern House in association with the State Library of New South Wales, 2002.
- Pioneers in Australasia. With eight plates in colours by Alec Ball. Johnston, Harry Hamilton, Sir, 1858-1927. London, Gresham [1913?]
- The voyage of HMS Herald to Australia and the South-west Pacific, 1852-1861 under the command of Captain Henry Mangles Denham / Andrew David. David, Andrew, 1924- Carlton, Vic. : Miegunyah Press, 1995.
- [Articles on Norfolk Island and the HMS Bounty in Australian Geographic] Terrey Hills, NSW : The Society 1990.
- The Book of Australian islands / general editor, Geoffrey Dutton. South Melbourne : Macmillan Company of Australia, 1986.
- Where honour guides the prow : a story of early settlers of Sydney Cove, Norfolk Island, and the Murrumbidgee / Elisabeth Curtis and Gillian Doyle. Curtis, Elisabeth. [Killara, N.S.W.?] : Elisabeth Curtis, [c1987]
- Stories of Australia in the early days. Clarke, Marcus Andrew Hislop, 1846-1881. London : Hutchinson & Co., 1897.
- Australian milestones and stories of the past, 1770-1914 / by H.M. Suttor. Suttor, H. M., d. 1924. v.1 v.2 Sydney : J. Andrew, 1925.
- Soldiers, sailors, money and mutiny / by Pricia Bradley. Bradley, Pricia. Sydney : Bay Books, 1983.
- Australian sea stories, edited by John Currey. Illus. by Don Angus. Currey, John E. B. [Melbourne] Cassell Australia 
- The life of Captain Matthew Flinders, R.N. By Ernest Scott. Scott, Ernest, Sir, 1868-1939. Sydney, Angus & Robertson, 1914.
- Bligh, Macarthur and the Rum Rebellion / Ross Fitzgerald and Mark Hearn. Fitzgerald, Rose. Kenthurst : Kangaroo Press, 1988.
- A Rum story The adventures of Joseph Holt thirteen years in New South Wales (1800-12) / Joseph Holt. Holt, Joseph. Kenthurst : Kangaroo Press, 1988.
- The fatal shore / Robert Hughes. Hughes, Robert, 1938- New York : Vintage Books, 1988, c1986.
- The exiles / by William Joy. Joy, William Leonard, 1902- Sydney : Golden Press, 1983.
- Reflections on the colony of New South Wales edited by J.E.B. Currey. Caley, George, 1770-1829. London, Angus & Robertson 
- Coastal towns of New South Wales and Norfolk Island / Cedric Emanuel. Emanuel, Cedric. Stanmore, N.S.W. : Cassell Australia, 1980.
- The naval pioneers of Australia / by Louis Becke and Walter Jeffery. Becke, Louis, 1855-1913. Cirencester, England : Echo Library, 199-?.
- Historical records of New South Wales / edited by F.M. Bladen. v.1 pt.2 v.2 v.5 Mona Vale, NSW : Lansdown Slattery, <1978-1979 >
- Rum rebellion : a study of the overthrow of Grovernor Bligh by John Macarthur and the New South Wales Corps, including the John Murtagh Macrossan memorial lectures delivered at the University of Queensland, June 1937 / by the Honourable Mr. Justi. Evatt, Herbert Vere, 1894-1965. Sydney, Australia : Angus & Robertson, limited, 1944.
- Rum rebellion: a study of the overthrow of Governor Bligh by John Macarthur and the New South Wales Corps, including the John Murtagh Macrossan memorial lectures delivered at the University of Queensland, June 1937. Evatt, Herbert Vere, 1894-1965. London, Dawsons, 1968.
- Some correspondence of Captain William Bligh, R.N., with John and Francis Godolphin Bond 1776-1811 with an introduction and notes by George Mackaness. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Sydney, D.S. Ford, printers, 1949.
- Fresh light on Bligh : being some unpublished correspondence of Captain William Bligh, R.N., and Lieutenant Francis Godolphin Bond, R.N., with Lieutenant Bond's manuscript notes made on voyage of H.M.S. Providence , 1791-1795 / edited with an introduction, notes and commentary by George Mackaness. Bligh, William, 1754-1817. Dubbo, N.S.W. : Review Publications, 1976.
- An historical journal of the transactions at Port Jackson and Norfolk Island with the discoveries which have been made in New South Wales and in the Southern Ocean since the publication of Phillip's voyage, compiled from the official papers, inclu. Hunter, John, 1738-1821. [Adelaide, Libraries Board of South Australia, 1968]
- The journal of Philip Gidley King : Lieutenant, R. N., 1787-1790 / edited by Paul G. Fidlon and R. J. Ryan. King, Philip Gidley, 1758-1808. Sydney : Australian Documents Library, 1980.
- Norfolk Island : Kingston and Arthur's Vale historic area management plan, April 1980. Australia. Dept. of Home Affairs and Environment. Canberra : Australian Govt. Pub. Service, 1981.
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]