Books & Historical Papers in the Study Center
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]
Because of the all but irreplacable nature of these books and papers,
they are not available for loan. However, copying is available by the Study
Center at twenty five cents per page. All requests should be made to:
Pitcairn Islands Study Center
Pacific Union College
1 Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Select book title to view PUC Library Call #
- Norfolk Island centenary, June 1956. Australia. Dept. of External Territories. [Canberra? : s.n., 1956?]
- Coconuts to computers : a concise illustrated history of Norfolk Island and its people / by Alice Inez Buffett. Buffett, Alice. Norfolk Island : Himii Publishing Company, 2004.
- Hell and paradise : the Norfolk-Bounty-Pitcairn saga / Peter Clarke. Clarke, Peter, 1927- [Ringwood, Vic., Australia New York, N.Y., U.S.A.] : Viking, 
- The Norfolk Island story. Clune, Frank, 1894-1971. [Sydney] Angus and Robertson 
- The nature of Norfolk Island / Neville Coleman. Coleman, Neville, 1938- Rochedale South, Qld. : N. Coleman, 1991.
- Correspondence relating to the transfer of Norfolk Island to the Government of New South Wales. Great Britain. Colonial Office. London : H.M.S.O., 1897.
- Building Norfolk Island [by Philip Cox and Wesley Stacey. Cox, Philip Sutton. Melbourne, Thomas Nelson (Australia) 1971]
- Our Island holiday / by Sal Davie and the kids of Norfolk Island, translated by Alice Buffett. Davie, Sal Norfolk Island : The author, 2006.
- Old Norfolk Town: the past in pictures / K. and K.A. Davies. Davies, W. J. K. Norfolk Island : K. and K.A. Davies, [1981?].
- Discovering Norfolk Island / Jean Edgecombe, Isobel Bennett. Edgecombe, Jean. Surry Hills, N.S.W. : Pacific Maps, c1983.
- Norfolk Island - South Pacific : island of history and many delights / Jean Edgecombe. Edgecombe, Jean. Thornleigh, N.S.W. : J.M. Edgecombe, 1991.
- The Bounty and after : a short history of the descendants of the mutineers of the Bounty / by A.S. Gazzard. Gazzard, A. S. Palmerston North, N.Z. : Mrs. D.J. Mitchell, c1983.
- Correspondence on the subject of removal of inhabitants of Pitcairn's Island to Norfolk Island. Great Britain. Colonial Office. v.1 v.2 v.3 London, Printed by G.E. Eyre and W. Spottiswoode, 1857-63.
- Norfolk Island and the Pitcairn Islanders Great Britain. Colonial Office. London, Printed at the Foreign Office by T. Harris, 1876.
- Convicts and commandants of Norfolk Island 1788-1855. Hazzard, Margaret. Norfolk Island [The Author?] 1978.
- The discovery of Norfolk Island / Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Canberra : Australian Govt. Pub. Service, 1974.
- This is Norfolk Island, by R. S. Hillier. Hillier, R. S. (Rita Stranger), 1921- Norfolk Island, Harper & Durley Publications, 1969.
- The Norfolk Island book / by R.S. Hillier. Hillier, R. S. (Rita Stranger), 1921- Norfolk Island : Anson Publications, 1984.
- Norfolk Island : a history through illustration 1774-1974 / compiled and with accompanying text by Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Canberra : Australian Government Pub. Service, 1979.
- Norfolk Island : an outline of its history, 1774-1981 / by Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. St. Lucia New York : University of Queensland Press, 1982.
- Norfolk Island : an outline of its history, 1774-1987 / Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. St. Lucia New York : University of Queensland Press, 1988.
- Norfolk Island : a revised and enlarged history 1774-1998 / Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Rockhampton, Qld. : Central Queensland University Press, 1999.
- Rambler's guide to Norfolk Island. Hoare, Merval. [Sydney] Pacific Publications 
- Rambler's guide to Norfolk Island / by Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Sydney : Pacific Publications, 1974.
- Norfolk Island in the 1930s : administrator Pinney's term / Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Norfolk Island : Boolarong Press with M. Hoare, 1996.
- The winds of change : Norfolk Island, 1950-1982 / Merval Hoare. Hoare, Merval. Suva, Fiji : Institute of Pacific Studies of the University of South Pacific, c1983.
- A place for angels and eagles : the story of Norfolk Island / Brian Hubber. Hubber, Brian. Kingston, Norfolk Island : Norfolk Island Museum, 2008.
- Norfolk : an island and its people / Angelo Loukakis photography by Gunther Deichmann. Loukakis, Angelo, 1951- Adelaide New York : Rigby, 1984.
- Norfolk Island and the Bounty mutiny / by Percy J. Marks. Marks, Percy J. [Sidney?, Australia] : P.J. Marks, 1935.
- In the sweet bye and bye : reminiscences of a Norfolk Islander / P. Marrington. Marrington, Pauline. Sydney, NSW : Reed, 1981.
- An island education: a history of the Norfolk Island Public School (1856-1987) / by Brian Mercer. Mercer, Brian. Norfolk Island: Norfolk Island P & C Association, 1987.
- An island education : a history of the Norfolk Island Public School 1856-2006 / by Brian Mercer. Mercer, Brian. Norfolk Island : Norfolk Island P & C Association, c2006.
- Norfolk Island and its third settlement : the first hundred years : the Pitcairn Era, 1856-1956 and the Melanesian Mission, 1866-1920 / Raymond Nobbs. Nobbs, Raymond. Sydney : Library of Australian History, 2006.
- Norfolk Island. [S.l. : s.n., 195-?]
- Norfolk Island and its first settlement, 1788-1814 / edited by Raymond Nobbs. North Sydney, N.S.W. : Library of Australian History, 1988.
- Norfolk Island : The madeira of the Pacific . Norfolk Island : Norfolk Island Tourist Bureau, [1940?]
- Norfolk Island and its second settlement, 1825-1855 / edited by Raymond Nobbs. Sydney : Library of Australian History, 1991.
- Norfolk Island : paradise discovered. [Australia] : Nucolorvue Productions: National Library of Australia., 200-?.
- An uneasy relationship : Norfolk Island and the Commonwealth of Australia / Maev O'Collins. O'Collins, Maev. Canberra : Pandanus Books, c2002.
- Norfolk Island and Lord Howe Island / written by Ruth Park drawings by Cedric Emanuel. Park, Ruth. Dover Heights : Serendip, 1982.
- Our people, Awas Salan : a photographic essay of Norfolk Island's anniversary day / by Kim Partridge. Partridge, Kim. Norfolk Island : Community Arts Society of Norfolk Island 2006.
- A political history of the Pitcairn people in Norfolk Island from 1856 to 1999 : in brief, and in chronological order / compiled by the Association of Norfolk Islanders. Norfolk Island : Greenways Press, 1999.
- A political history of the Pitcairn people in Norfolk Island from 1856 to 2004 : in brief, and in chronological order / compiled by Ric Robinson for the Association of Norfolk Islanders. Norfolk Island : Greenways Press, 2004.
- The Pitcairn Islanders of Town Cemetery, Norfolk Island. Quintal, Shane, Author. Norfolk Island : Shane Quintal, Dec. 2007.
- Elizabeth Robertson's diary : Norfolk Island 1845 / edited by Merval Hoare. Robertson, Elizabeth, 1822-1847. [Norfolk Island] : M. Hoare, c1988 [ie 1989]
- Gravestones of Norfolk Island / by Ronald Rose, Rose, Ronald. Canberra : Dept. of Territories, 1964.
- Bounty descendants live on remote Norfolk Island / by T.C. Roughley. Roughley, Theodore Cleveland. Washington : National Geographic Society, 1960.
- Over the horizon : the Polynesian settlement on Norfolk Island / by Helen Sampson. Sampson, Helen. [Australia]. : The author, 2005.
- Norfolk Island: outline of its history from 1788-1884. Compiled by J.J. Spruson. Spruson, J. J. Sydney, T. Richards, Government Printer, 1885.
- Thomas Samuel Stewart's journal : Norfolk Island 1855 : waiting for the Pitcairn Islanders / edited by Leanne Chambers and Merval Hoare. Stewart, Thomas Samuel, 1818-1892. North Geelong, Australia : Pearce, 1992.
- Norfolk Island being a brief history of the descendants of the Bounty mutineers and other settlers of Pitcairn on both Pitcairn and Norfolk Islands. By Tamati Tiakihana. With an introduction by Roger Nott. Tiakihana, Tamati. [Rotorua, N.Z., United Pub. and Print. Co., 1966]
- Norfolk Island sketchbook. Drawings by Unk White. Text by Ruth Sriber. White, Unk. [Adelaide] Rigby 
- Norfolk Island : 1856-2006, a sesquicentenary celebration / by Jodie Williams and Lorraine Bataille. Williams, Jodie. Norfolk Island : Studio Monarch, 2006.
- Living on Norfolk Island / Text Bill Wiseman, illustrations Bruce Treloar. Wiseman, Bill. Norfolk Island : Ruth Christa-Lamm, 1977.
- The forgotten generation of Norfolk Island and Van Diemens Land / Reg Wright. Wright, Reg. Sydney : Library of Australian History, 1986.
- School-days in Norfolk Island, by Florence Coombe. Published under the direction of the Tract Committee for the Melanesian Mission. Coombe, Florence. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1909.
- In the quest of the great southland : an account of the origin of the Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration, Adventure Bay, Bruni Island / Recorded during 1963 by Dora and Bruce Hamilton. [n.p., 1963?].
- Through the Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration, Adventure Bay. Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration, Adventure Bay. [Adventure Bay, Bruni Island, 1956]
- In Tasmania / Nicholas Shakespeare. Shakespeare, Nicholas, 1957- Milsons Point, N.S.W. : Random House Australia, 2007.
- Recollections of a rambling life / by T. Archer with additional chapters by Murdoch Wales. Archer, T. (Thomas), 1823?- Bowen Hills, Qld. : Boolarong, 1988.
- Northmost Australia Jack, Robert L. (Robert Logan), 1845-1921. v.1 v.2 v.3 Carlisle, W.A. : Hesperian Press, 1998.
- Ships in the coral / [by] Hector Holthouse. Holthouse, Hector. Melbourne : Macmillan, 1976.
- The collected works of Thomas Welsby. Edited by A.K. Thomson. Welsby, Thomas, 1858-1941. v.1 v.2 [Brisbane] Jacaranda 1967.
- Port Nelson - Gateway to the sea / W. H. Parr. Parr, W. H. Port Nelson, NZ : Nelson Harbour Board, 1979.
- Rovings in the Pacific, from 1837 to 1849 : with a glance at California / by a merchant long resident at Tahiti. Lucett, Edward, 1815-1853. New York : AMS Press, 
- New Zealand holiday, by Rosemary Rees. Rees, Rosemary, 1876-1963. London, Chapman & Hall, Ltd. 
- The early history of Tasmania : the geographical era 1642-1804 ... Giblin, Ronald W. London : Methuen, 
- Captain William Bligh's discoveries and observations in Van Diemen's land : read before the Royal Society of Tasmania at its centenary meeting, Hobart, Oct. 14, 1943 / by George Mackaness. Mackaness, George, 1882- Dubbo, N.S.W., Australia : Review Publications, 1976.
- Narrative of a whaling voyage round the globe from the year 1833-to 1836. Bennett, Frederick Debell. v.1 v.2 Amsterdam, N. Israel New York, Da Capo Press 
- The Polynesian triangle, by Erick Berry and Herbert Best. Berry, Erick, 1892- New York, Funk & Wagnalls 
- Cruising with the Wanderlusters : wherein the real South Seas is disclosed / by Harvey S. Bissell. Bissell, Harvey Sutherland. Los Angeles : Saturday night, 1931.
- Explorers of the Pacific European and American discoveries in Polynesia, by Te Rangi Hiroa (Peter H. Buck) Cover design by Jean Charlot. Buck, Peter Henry, 1877?-1951. Honolulu, The Museum, 1953.
- Vikings of the Pacific. Buck, Peter Henry, 1877?-1951. [Chicago] University of Chicago Press 
- Polynesian isles of the South Pacific. [Tonga and Wallis islands, Tahiti and French Polynesia, Pago Pago and American Samoa, Apia and Western Samoa, Cook, Pitcairn and Easter islands.] Photographs and text by John Cockcroft. Drawings by Faye Owne. Cockcroft, John. [Sydney] Angus and Robertson 
- Fabled isles of the South Seas : with insights by literary greats / Winston Stuart Conrad introduction by James Michener. Conrad, Winston Stuart. San Francisco, CA : Wild Coconuts Pub. Co. Grawn, Mich. : Distributed by Access Publishes Network, c1997.
- Historical dictionary of Polynesia / Robert D. Craig. Craig, Robert D., 1934- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2002.
- Nomads of the wind : a natural history of Polynesia / Peter Crawford. Crawford, Peter, 1943- London : BBC Books, 1993.
- Polynesia: Easter Island, Pitcairn, Gambier, Tuamotus, Marquesas, Bora Bora and Tahiti, Sylvia Earle and John Loret. Earle, Sylvia. Seattle: Society Expeditions, 1996.
- Polynesian researches: Polynesia. Ellis, William, 1794-1872. Rutland, Vt., C. E. Tuttle Co. 
- In coral isles, by E. H. Gates. Gates, E. H. (Edward Harmon), b. 1855. Washington, D.C. Review and Herald Pub. Assn. [c1923]
- Faery lands of the South seas, by James Norman Hall and Charles Bernard Nordhoff, with illustrations by George A. Picken. Hall, James Norman, 1887-1951. Garden City, N.Y., Garden City Pub. Co. 
- The lost caravel / Robert Langdon. Langdon, Robert. Sydney : Pacific Publications, 1975.
- The many islands of Polynesia [by] Amos P. Leib. Leib, Amos Patten, 1917-1977. New York Scribner 
- Te Moana Nui : exploring lost isles of the South Pacific / Georgia Lee. Lee, Georgia, 1926- Los Osos, Calif. : Easter Island Foundation : Bearsville Press, 2001.
- Pitcairn islanders. [London : J. Murray, 1833]
- Ancient voyagers in Polynesia. Sharp, Andrew, 1906-1974. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1964 [c1963]
- The island civilizations of Polynesia. Suggs, Robert C. (Robert Carl), 1932- [New York] New American Library 
- South sea vagabonds, by J.W. Wray. Wray, John Walter. New York, London, D. Appleton-Century Co., 1941.
- A history of Fiji. Derrick, R. A. (Ronald Albert), b. 1892. v.1 Suva, Print. and Stationery Dept. [1950-
- A history of Fiji. Derrick, R. A. (Ronald Albert), b. 1892. v.1 Suva, Fiji, Government Press [1968-
- Fiji's times : a history of Fiji in three parts / by Kim Gravelle. Gravelle, Kim. Suva, Fiji : Fiji Times and Herald Ltd., 1979, c1981.
- The discoverers of the Fiji Islands : Tasman, Cook, Bligh, Wilson, Bellinghausen / by G.C. Henderson. Henderson, George Cockburn, b. 1870. London : J. Murray, 1937.
- Voyagers / words and images, Herb Kawainui Kane. Kane, Herbert Kawainui. Bellevue, Wash. : WhaleSong, 1991.
- Manga Reva : the forgotten islands / Robert Lee Eskridge with illustrations by the author. Eskridge, Robert Lee, b. 1891. Honolulu : Mutual Publishing, [1986?], c1958.
- Fatu-Hiva : back to nature / Thor Heyerdahl. Heyerdahl, Thor. Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday & Co., inc., c1974.
- Report on a visit to Pitcairn island by Mr. H. G. Pilling, assistant to the High Commissioner for the Western Pacific, 1929. Great Britain. High Commission for Western Pacific Islands. London, H.M.S.O., 1930.
- Pitcairn island. General administrative report, by Mr. J. S. Neill. Medical report, by Duncan Cook. Great Britain. Colonial Office. London, H.M.S.O., 1938.
- An account of the mutinous seizure of the Bounty : with the succeeding hardships of the crew : to which are added, secret anecdotes of the Otaheitean females. London : Printed for E. Bently, [1790?]
- Pitcairn Island : refuge of the Bounty mutineers / Maurice Allward. Allward, Maurice F. Stroud : Tempus Pub., 2000.
- The saga of the Bounty its strange history as related by the participants themselves, edited by Irvin Anthony. Anthony, Irvin, b. 1890. New York, G.P. Putnam's Sons 
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]