Books & Historical Papers in the Study Center
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]
Because of the all but irreplacable nature of these books and papers,
they are not available for loan. However, copying is available by the Study
Center at twenty five cents per page. All requests should be made to:
Pitcairn Islands Study Center
Pacific Union College
1 Angwin Avenue
Angwin, CA 94508
Select book title to view PUC Library Call #
- The boy in the striped pajamas : a fable / by John Boyne. Boyne, John, 1971- Oxford New York : David Fickling Books, 
- Yarns of the seven seas, told by Commander A.B. Campbell, R.D. Campbell, Archibald Bruce, b. 1881. London, Sir I. Pitman & Sons, Ltd., [1944?]
- The search for the sunken treasure : Australia / Elizabeth Singer Hunt illustrated by Brian Williamson. Hunt, Elizabeth Singer. New York : Weinstein Books, c2007.
- The young nimrods around the world : a book for boys / by Thomas W. Knox. Knox, Thomas Wallace, 1835-1896. New York : Harper, 1882.
- The Bounty's boy [a novel] Illustrated by Gil Walker. Edmonds, I. G. Indianapolis, Bobbs-Merrill 
- Men against the sea, by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall. Nordhoff, Charles, 1887-1947. Little, c1962.
- Come danger, come darkness / [by] Ruth Park. Park, Ruth. Sydney : Hodder and Stoughton, 1978.
- Mutiny's daughter / Ann Rinaldi. Rinaldi, Ann. New York, NY : HarperCollins, c2004.
- Barney Duffy's ghost / by Rosalie Saint Saint, Rosalie. Norfolk Island : Rosalie Saint, [1990?].
- Have you seen Byron? / written by Rosalie Saint illustrated by Tracey Yager. Saint, Rosalie. Norfolk Island : Rosalie Saint, 1998.
- A Hibiscus called Henry / by Rosalie Saint Saint, Rosalie. Norfolk Island : Rosalie Saint, [1990?].
- Bab Haskins in southern seas / by Captain Charlton Lyman Smith. Smith, Charlton Lyman. Boston New York : Cornhill Pub. Co., c1922.
- The islanders / by John Rowe Townsend. Townsend, John Rowe. New York : Lippincott, c1981.
- The boy whaleman / by George F. Tucker with illustrations in color by George Avison. Tucker, George Fox, 1852-1929. Boston : Little, Brown, 1926, c1924.
- The Lord will repay / by W.O. von Horn. Horn von, W. O. New York Chicago : Ernst Kaufmann, n.d.
- Kids and pines and nursery rhymes / compiled by Archie Bigg, illustrated by Tracey Yager. Norfolk Island : A. L Bigg 2003
- Famous islands and memorable voyages. Boston : Published by D. Lothrop & Co. Dover, N.H. : G.T. Day & Co., [187-?]
- Narrative of the United States' Exploring Expedition, during the years 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842 / by Charles Wilkes. Wilkes, Charles, 1798-1877. Papakura, N.Z. : R. McMillan, 
- The Banks letters a calendar of the manuscript correspondence of Sir Joseph Banks, preserved in the British Museum, the British Museum (Natural History) and other collections in Great Britain. Edited by Warren R. Dawson. Dawson, Warren R. (Warren Royal), 1888- London, Printed by order of the trustees of the British Museum, 1958.
- Geology of Norfolk Island / by Helen Sampson. Sampson, Helen. [Norfolk Island, N.S.W. : Helen Sampson, 2005]
- Atoll research bulletin. no.260-272 no.321-329 Washington, D.C. : [Smithsonian Press,
- A review of Norfolk Island birds : past and present / R. Schodde, P. Fullagar and N. Hermes. Schodde, Richard. [Canberra] : Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service, 1983.
- Sir Joseph Banks : 18th century explorer, botanist, and entrepreneur / Charles Lyte. Lyte, Charles. Newton Abbot, Devon North Pomfret, Vt. : David & Charles, c1980.
- Joseph Banks, a life / Patrick O'Brian. O'Brian, Patrick, 1914- Boston : D.R. Godine, 1993.
- Biodiversity : the UK overseas territories / compiled by S. Oldfield edited by D. Procter and L.V. Fleming. Peterborough : Joint Nature Conservation Committee, c1999.
- The conservation of Norfolk Island [by] J.S. Turner, C.N. Smithers [and] R.D. Hoogland. Turner, John S. Canberra, Australian Conservation Foundation, 1968.
- Three voyages of a naturalist, being an account of many little- known islands in three oceans visited by the Valhalla, R.Y.S. by M.J. Nicoll ... With an introduction by the ... Earl of Crawford ... Nicoll, M. J. (Michael John), 1880-1925. London, Witherby & Co., 1908.
- A fragile paradise : nature and man in the pacific / Andrew Mitchell. Mitchell, Andrew W. Fontana, 1990.
- The Pitcairn Islands : biogeography, ecology and prehistory : proceedings of an international discussion meeting held at the Linnean Society, 5-6 May 1994 / edited by T.G. Benton and T. Spencer. London San Diego : Published for the Linnean Society of London by Academic Press, c1995.
- Sir Joseph Banks and the transfer of plants to and from the South Pacific, 1786-1798 / Alan Frost. Frost, Alan, 1943- Melbourne : Colony Press, 1993.
- Dars-et (This is it) : birds and flowers of Norfolk Island. [S.l.] : Norfolk Island Hospital Auxiliary, 1976.
- Plants of the Pitcairn Islands : including local names and uses / Lars-??ke G??thesson. G??thesson, Lars-??ke. Sydney : Centre for South Pacific Studies, University of New South Wales, c1997.
- A check-list of botanical and zoological species from the Pitcairn Islands, South-eastern Polynesia / Lars-??ke G??thesson. G??thesson, Lars-??ke. Lund, Sweden : The author, c2004.
- A collection of opisthobranch molluscs from the Pitcairn Islands / M. Edmunds and R. C. Preece. Edmunds, M.
- New species of marine mollusks from Pitcairn Island and the Marquesas / Harald A. Rehder and Barry R. Wilson. Rehder, Harald Alfred, 1907- Washington : Smithsonian Institution Press, 1975.
- The Lepidoptera of Norfolk Island : their biogeography and ecology / by J.D. Holloway. Holloway, J. D. (Jeremy Daniel) The Hague : W. Junk, 1977.
- Reef and shore fishes of the South Pacific : New Caledonia to Tahiti and the Pitcairn Islands / John E. Randall. Randall, John E., 1924- Honolulu, Hawaii : University of Hawaii Press, c2005.
- Fishes of the Pitcairn Islands including local names and fishing methods / Lars-??ke G??thesson. G??thesson, Lars-??ke. [S.l.]: The author, c2000.
- The green turtle / Inge Plater, Sue Pearson foreword by Colleen McCullough. Plater, Inge. Australia : HarperCollins Angus & Robertson, 2000.
- Norfolk Island : the birds / Margaret Christian. Christian, Margaret. [Australia ?] : Green Eyes Publications, 2005.
- Survey of the white-breasted white-eye and the Norfolk Island boobook owl on Norfolk Island, October - November 1985 / Ian Rooke. Rooke, I. J. (Ian J.) Moonee Ponds, Vic. : Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1986.
- Shark tales & yarns from Norfolk Island / by Robert G. Tofts. Tofts, Robert G., 1945- Norfolk Island : R.G. Tofts, 1993.
- Global epidemiology, a geography of disease and sanitation, by James Stevens Simmons ... Tom F. Whayne ... Gaylord West Anderson ... Harold Maclachlan Horack ... and collaborators ... Simmons, James Stevens, 1890-1954. v.1 Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott Co. [1944-54]
- Rejuvenation secrets from around the world--that work ! / by Paavo O. Airola. Airola, Paavo O. Phoenix, AZ : Health Plus, c1974.
- Singing sails. Peabody, Claire, b. 1888. Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers [c1950]
- A soil and land-use study of Norfolk Island / C.G. Stephens and J.T. Hutton. Stephens, Charles George, 1907- Melbourne : Division of Soils, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, 1954.
- Whalemen adventurers the story of whaling in Australian waters and other southern seas related thereto, from the days of sails to modern times, by William John Dakin. Dakin, William J. (William John), 1883-1950. [Sydney] Angus and Robertson 
- Addendum to Starbuck and Whaling masters, New Bedford Customs District. Compiled by Reginald B. Hegarty, curator, Melville Whaling Room. Free Public Library (New Bedford, Mass.) [New Bedford, 1964]
- Whaling and old Salem a chronicle of the sea. With an introd. by Henry Beetle Hough. Robotti, Frances Diane, 1919- New York, Bonanza Books [c1962]
- The story of Yankee whaling, by the editors of American heritage. Narrative by Irwin Shapiro, in consultation with Edouard A. Stackpole. Shapiro, Irwin, 1911-1981. New York, American Heritage Pub. Co. book trade distribution by Golden Press [1960, c1959]
- The sea-hunters the New England whalemen during two centuries, 1635-1835. Stackpole, Edouard A., 1905- Philadelphia, Lippincott 
- American whalers and traders in the Pacific : a guide to records on microfilm / edited by Robert Langdon. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1978.
- Whales, boats & fish / Ian Kenny. Kenny, Ian, 1936- [Norfolk Island] : I. Kenny, c2005.
- Norfolk Island whaling days: tales & yarns / by Robert Graham Tofts. Tofts, Robert Graham, 1945- [Norfolk Island] : R.G. Tofts, 
- Where the whalers went : an index to the Pacific ports and islands visited by American whalers (and some other ships) in the 19th century / edited by Robert Langdon. Canberra : Pacific Manuscripts Bureau, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, 1984.
- A history of world whaling / Daniel Francis. Francis, Daniel. Markham, Ont., Canada New York, N.Y., USA : Viking, 1990.
- Ahab's trade : the saga of south seas whaling / Granville Allen Mawer. Mawer, G. A. (G. Allen), 1943- New York : St. Martin's Press, 1999.
- Whaling will never do for me : the American whaleman in the nineteenth century / Briton Cooper Busch. Busch, Briton Cooper. Lexington, Ky. : University Press of Kentucky, c1994.
- Whaling wives, by Emma Mayhew Whiting and Henry Beetle Hough. Whiting, Emma Mayhew, 1877-1947. Boston, Houghton Mifflin, 1953 [c1952]
- Fishing our way / Ian Kenny. Kenny, Ian, 1936- Norfolk Island, N.S.W. : Ian Kenny, 1995.
- Hooked by the sea / Ian Kenny. Kenny, Ian, 1936- Norfolk Island, N.S.W. : Ian Kenny, 1999.
- Handicrafts of the South Seas an illustrated guide for buyers. McBean, Angus, 1904-1990. Noumea, New Caledonia, South Pacific Commission, 1964.
- Pitcairn Island primitives / by June Beckett. Beckett, June
- Plaiting in paradise : a guide to the traditional Norfolk Island art of plaiting / by Dianne Buffett. Buffett, Dianne. Norfolk Island : Twentytwenty, 2007.
- A taste of Norfolk. [S.l.] : Rotary Club of Norfolk Island, Inc., c2004.
- Maori cookbook. N.Z. : Glenfield College Home and School Assoc., [1970?]
- Norfolk Island cookery book : with local words and phrases / compiled by members of the Sunshine Club. Sunshine Club. [Norfolk Island : Sunshine Club, 197-?]
- Pitcairn Island cookbook / by Irma Christian illustrations by Rozemaryn van der Horst. Christian, Irma. Pitcairn Island : The Author, c1986 (Wellington, New Zealand : Wright & Carman)
- Betty Christian's cook book : Pitcairn Island weckle / by Betty Christian. Christian, Betty. Pitcairn Island : The Author, 
- Pitcairn Island cook book / written and illustrated by Meralda Warren. Warren, Meralda. Pitcairn Island : The Author, c1986.
- The first Pitcairn Island cook book : introducing Pitcairn Island dishes / by Meralda Warren. Warren, Meralda. Pitcairn Island : The Author, c2002.
- Narrative of a voyage from Valparaiso to the South Sea Islands in her Majesty's ship Act??on : towards the end of the year 1836.
- Great historical mutinies : comprising the mutiny of the Bounty, the mutiny at Spithead, the mutiny at the Nore, mutinies in highland regiments and the Indian mutiny / by David Herbert. Herbert, David, 1830-1899. London : W.P. Nimmo, 1876.
- Under the lash a history of corporal punishment in the British Armed Forces, including a digest of the report of the Royal Commission, 1835-36, and the first reprint of Certain immoral practices in His Majesty's Navy (1821). Claver, Scott. London, Torchstream Books 
- The American neptune. v.28 no.4 Salem, Mass. Peabody Museum of Salem [etc.]
- Maritime life and traditions. no.21 2003 no.21 2003 Penryn : Le Chasse-Mar??e Publications,
- A winter passage round Cape Horn, and a visit to the Marquesas Islands, by Her Majesty's Ship Imogene / by H. W. Bruce. Bruce, H. W. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1838.
- Pitcairn Island : visit by HMS Daedalus & Portland. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1844.
- Pitcairn Island : visit by HMS Calypso in 1848. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1852.
- Pitcairn Island : visit by HMS Cockatrice in 1851. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1852.
- Pitcairn Island : visit by HMS Dido in September 1852. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1854.
- Pitcairn Island : visit by Juno in August 1855. London : Simpkin, Marshall, and Co. 1856.
- 9'-51 or The Jamestown's horizon. A weekly record of a cruise around Cape Horn in a man of war ... Goshen, N.Y., C. Mead & son, printers. 1882.
- Encyclopedia of ships and seafaring / editor, Peter Kemp. New York : Crown Publishers, 1980.
- A naval encyclop??dia: comprising a dictionary of nautical words and phrases biographical notices, and records of naval officers special articles of naval art and science, written expressly for this work by officers and others of recognized authority in the branches treated by them. Together with descriptions of the principal naval stations and seaports of the world. Complete in one volume. Philadelphia, L.R. Hamersly & Co., 1881.
- Ships of the world : an historical encyclopedia / Lincoln P. Paine with contributions by James H. Terry and Hal Fessenden. Paine, Lincoln P. Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., 1997.
- Vikings of the sunrise, by Peter H. Buck (Te Rangi Hiroa) ... with fifty-eight illustrations from photographs. Buck, Peter Henry, 1877?-1951. New York, Frederick A. Stokes Co., 1938.
- The Admirals Fremantle edited by Ann Parry. Parry, Ann. London, Chatto and Windus, 1971.
- Young sea dogs some adventures of midshipmen of the fleet. Pears, Randolph. London, Putnam 
- Shipboard life and organisation, 1731-1815 / edited by Brian Lavery. Aldershot, Hants, England Brookfield, Vt. : Ashgate, c1998.
- Moanalua. Woodrooffe, Thomas. London, Faber and Faber 
- Ships of the Panama Canal / by James L. Shaw. Shaw, James L., 1943- Annapolis, Md. : Naval Institute Press, c1985.
- A nautical odyssey : an illustrated maritime history from Cook to Shackleton / David C. Bell. Bell, David C., 1950- Shrewsbury : Quiller, 2010.
- The Royal Navy : a history from the earliest times to the present / by Wm. Laird Clowes assisted by Sir Clements Markham ... [et al.]. Clowes, W. Laird (William Laird), Sir, 1856-1905. v.3 London : Chatham Pub., 1996-1997.
- To rule the waves : how the British Navy shaped the modern world / Arthur Herman. Herman, Arthur, 1956- New York, NY : Harper Perennial, c2005.
- Mr Barrow of the Admiralty : a life of Sir John Barrow, 1764-1948 / by Christopher Lloyd. Lloyd, Christopher, 1906- London : Collins, 1970.
- The Naval chronicle : the contemporary record of the Royal Navy at war : ... containing a general and biographical history of the Royal Navy of the United Kingdom ... / under the guidance of several literary and professional men and prepared for. v.4 v.5 London : Chatham Pub. Mechanicsburg, Pa. : Stackpole, 1999.
- Navy and Empire / James L. Stokesbury. Stokesbury, James L. New York : Morrow, 1983.
- H.M.S. Virago in the Pacific, 1851-1855 : to the Queen Charlottes and beyond / G.P.V. Akrigg & Helen B. Akrigg. Akrigg, G. P. V. Victoria, B.C. : Sono Nis Press, 1992.
- 18th century royal navy : medical terms, expressions, and trivia / Rex Hickox Hickox, Rex. Bentonville, AR : The author, 2004.
[1 to 100]
[101 to 200]
[201 to 300]
[301 to 400]
[401 to 500]
[501 - 600]
[601 - 700]
[701 - 800]
[801 - 900]
[901 - 1000]
[1001 - 1100]
[1101 - end]