Pitcairn Governor George Fergusson
Mr. George Fergusson has been appointed British High Commissioner to New Zealand, non-resident British High Commissioner to the Independent State of Samoa and non-resident Governor of Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands in succession to Mr. Richard Fell CVO who will be retiring from the Diplomatic Service. Mr. Fergusson will take up his appointment in April 2006.
- Date of Birth: 30 September 1955
- Married to: Margaret Wookey
- Children: Three daughters (1982, 1986, 1991) & one son (1984, deceased 2005).
- 2003 – 2005 Cabinet Office: On loan as Head of Foreign Policy Team
- 1999 – 2003 Boston: Consul General
- 1997 – 1999 FCO: Head of Republic of Ireland Department
- 1996 – 1997 FCO: Deputy Head of Southern African Department
- 1994 – 1996 Seoul: First Secretary Political/Information
- 1991 – 1993 FCO: Soviet, then Eastern Department
- 1988 – 1991 Dublin: First Secretary Political
- 1978 – 1988 Northern Ireland Office
(Provided by Press Office, Downing Street (West), London SWA1A 2AH)