Use these online resources to get help in preparing your research papers, citations, and bibliographies.
Citation & Bibliography Managers
There are a number of comercial software and apps tht will hlep you organize and format all of your citations and integrate them with your research paper. Here is the tool that Pacific Union College is recommending to students:
- Zotero A free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share research.
Use these to create correctly formatted single citations on the fly in many style formats.
- ZoteroBib Citaton Generator for MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, and many more
- EasyBib This is a free bibliography creator and citation guide for MLA, APA, Chicago, and Turabian
Guides to Writing & Research
Here are some sites with a lot of information on writing and doing library research.
- OWL Purdue University's Online Writing Lab
- Wrtier's Handbook The Writing Center at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Elements of Style The online version of the classic writing guide by William Strunk, Jr.
Each professor will have different requirements for how you cite your sources. Here are some links to the most commonly used formats at Pacific Union College.
APA Style: Psychology, education, and other social sciences
MLA Style: Literature, arts, and humanities
- Citation Guide From U-Wisconsin
- Citation Guide From OWL
- Overview From Diana Hacker / Bedford Handbook
Chicago Style: General use, including history and business
CSE Style (Council of Science Editors): Biology and other sciences
- Research & Documentation Online Guide From Diana Hacker / Bedford Handbook
- CiteSource From Trinity College